Saturday, March 13, 2010

State Piano, Dad's B-day, and State Basketball

Heather and Sandy took Katie and Lindsey to the IMTA (Iowa Music Teachers Assoc) state piano competition today. The competition was in Waverly, IA (I think it's about as far east as Delaware). The girls were very nervous. The four ladies courageously took on the day at 7:00 am this morning with a pan full of Sandy's cinnamon rolls to begin the 5 hour drive. My only responsibility was to have the coffee ready for the 6:30 am departure (which I should have known actually means 7:20 am). I think the girls played well although both of them apparently had tears afterwards. I'm proud of both of them for making it to the state competition. That's a great accomplishment.

The boys and I (including Cody) headed to Fremont, NE today to celebrate Dad's b-day. He turns 72 tomorrow. We had a good day. We got two homecooked meals and even some homemade strawberry shortcake. Not bad with Heather being out of town. Usually my homecooking eerily resembles McDonald's or Taco John's when Heather is gone.

On another note, the South Sioux City Boys Basketball team won state today. It's the first state championship for the SSC boys' team. It was a very exciting game - it went into overtime vs. Omaha Skutt. They should do well over the next few years since they are a very young team.

No comments:

Post a Comment