Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday is Waffle Day and Baseball Day

It's not unusual for The Big Fella to ask whether tomorrow is Saturday.  During the week, he frequently asks, "Dad, do you go to work tomorrow?"  He knows that when it is Saturday, that means that it's waffle day.  And he hopes each waffle day includes a trip with da boyz to the baseball field.  He is really hooked on this.

Well, today did start with waffles.  It takes me a lot of time to prepare the waffles.  Let me share my recipe.  First, I open the freezer.  Second, I place two waffles in the toaster.  Third...well you maybe have the same recipe.

This morning The Big Fella had two and Eddie Joe had two.  Even though Heather slipped some whole grain waffles in the freezer, the boys loved them and devoured them.

We had planned to go to play baseball right after lunch.  (Lunch was PB&J outside on the picnic table.)  But then I found out we had an open house to go to.  After the open house, the O's two youngest came over for the afternoon.  I figured baseball probably wasn't going to happen but knew when The Big Fella realized at the end of the day that he hadn't played baseball, it wasn't going to be pretty.

The six boys played together for a couple of hours and then I could see them starting to get that bored look in their eyes.  It was obvious it was time for some baseball.  So we all loaded up in the 'burb and headed for baseball field near the school.  The teams were Rye Bread, Nolan, and Nathan vs. T-Bird, Carter, and Eddie Joe.  I was all-time pitcher and then became all-time fielder.

The players:  Front - The Big Fella, Nolan, Eddie Joe.  
Back - Carter, Rye Bread, T-bird.

It was a beautiful day.  It was warm.  The sun was out off and on.  I got to spend some great time with my boys.  I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment